94V0 Pcb means the PCB can meet one flammability standard of UL
1. what is UL UL certification: certification is established by UL Co., Ltd., a global testing and certification organization and standard development organization. Since its establishment in 1894, UL has published nearly 1800 safety, quality and sustainability standards, of which more than 70% have become national standards of the United States, and UL is also the development agency of Canadian national standards. For more than a century, UL's unique expertise in the field of standard development has been widely recognized by the industry
In a word, it is mainly engaged in product safety certification, and its ultimate purpose is to obtain products with considerable safety level for the market, and to contribute to the guarantee of personal health and property safety. As an effective means to eliminate technical barriers to international trade, UL also plays an active role in promoting the development of international trade.
UL 94 the Standard for Safety of Flammability of Plastic Materials for Parts in Devices and Appliances testing, is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the United States.
2. The significance of UL certification mark to enterprises:
2.1 The whole U.S. market pays great attention to product safety; consumers and purchasing units will choose products with UL certification mark when purchasing products.
2. 2 UL has a history of more than 100 years, and the image of safety is deeply rooted in both consumers and the government. If you do not directly sell products to consumers, middlemen will also require products to have UL certification marks to make them sell well.
2.3 American consumers and buyers are more confident in the products of enterprises.
2.4 More than 40000 federal, state, county, and municipal governments in the United States recognize the UL certification mark.
3. Ul Classifications: The classifications from lowest (Least flame-retardant) to highest (Most flame-retardant):
· HB: slow burning on a horizontal specimen; burning rate < 76 mm/min for thickness < 3 mm or burning stops before 100 mm
· V-2: burning stops within 30 seconds on a vertical specimen; drips of flaming particles are allowed.
· V-1: burning stops within 30 seconds on a vertical specimen; drips of particles allowed as long as they are not inflamed.
· V-0: burning stops within 10 seconds on a vertical specimen; drips of particles allowed as long as they are not inflamed.
· 5VB: burning stops within 60 seconds on a vertical specimen; no drips allowed; plaque specimens may develop a hole.
· 5VA: burning stops within 60 seconds on a vertical specimen; no drips allowed; plaque specimens may not develop a hole.
the shenzhen shuoqiang electronic has get the Ul certification, the UL No. is E467128